1. Hydrate! With water (not beer, you lushes). And I mean LOTS of water!!! When you feel sufficiently hydrated, drink a little more. You’ll thank me for it tomorrow.
2. Don’t overdo it today… no intense WODs that are going to cripple you for tomorrow. It’s a good day to rest or do a strength WOD focused on shoulders. Your legs will be sufficiently brutalized tomorrow. Give them the day off today.
3. Hand care 101 – take a file to those calluses! Nothing ruins a good post-WOD bbq like blood in the chips & dip. Nuff said.
4. Eat a LOT. Plenty of fat and protein today will help ensure you have sufficient gas in the tank tomorrow. A couple of bacon burgers with avocado will do the trick.
5. Watch the four star movie “Murph: The Protector”and remind yourself that Murph is not just a workout. (Available on Amazon Instant Video)
6. Plan your post-WOD meal… Sweet potatoes with coconut oil immediately after are my favorite. Invite yourself to someone else’s spread where there will be lots to munch on. Now you can have that beer.
Need more Murph info? Take a look at our post:
CrossFit Murph: Explained, Tips, Tricks, Time or
Get The Free PDF Guide
Thanks for the tips in this post. I used many of the tips you’ve put here and it helped me a lot. I did the Murph for the first time on Saturday and I nailed it in 42:28 (without life-vest). The only tip I didn’t follow was the one related with the post-WOD meal. But, for what happened to me, I know now that it would’ve been better to follow your advice: I had to finish the WOD and look for a place to eat something nutritious (it turns out there aren’t many options).
Nice work Francisco!
Thank you for every other great article. Where else could anybody get that
type of info in such an ideal way of writing?
I have a presentation next week, and I’m on the look for such information.